Viralex (Inosine Pranobex) an immunomodulatory agent, and antiviral drug approved
Indication as follow,
- Restricted emergency use as add-on therapy for treatment of mild COVID-19 patients with co-morbidities and moderate COVID-19 patients.
- Influenza and other Acute Viral Respiratory Infections (AVRI)
- Mucocutaneous infections due to herpes simplex virus (type I and/ or type II)
- Genital warts as adjunctive therapy to podophyllin or carbon dioxide laser
- Subacute Sclerosing Panencephalitis (SSPE)
Before starting treatment with inosine pranobex your doctor will ask you,
about your own medical history, if necessary he may perform physical
examination and advice lab investigations
You should not take Inosine pranobex if you have a history of gout (accumulation of uric acid in smaller joints), hyperuricaemia (increased in blood uric acid level), urolithiasis (kidney stone), or to patients with impaired kidney function.
Inosine pranobex is to be taken as directed by your treating physician.
You should stop using inosine pranobex
- If your serum and urine uric acid level start increasing above normal level.
- If you start experiencing any allergic reaction
You should not take xanthine oxidase inhibitors drugs (drugs reducing production of uric acid), uricosuric agents (drugs which increase excretion of uric acid), diuretics (drugs which helps to excrete excess amount of water from body) immunosuppressive drugs (drugs which suppresses immune system) and zidovudine
The possible side effects of inosine pranobex are, increased in blood andurine uric acid level, increased blood urea level, increased bloodtransaminases level, increased blood alkaline phosphate, fatigue, malaise(illness), arthralgia (joint pain), rash (red, bumpy, scaly or itchy patches ofskin), pruritus (itching), vomiting, nausea, epigastric discomfort (stomachdiscomfort), headache, vertigo (a sensation of whirling and loss of balance),Somnolence (excessive sleepiness), Insomnia (trouble falling asleep),Nervousness, Diarrhoea, Constipation, Polyuria( excessive urination),Angioedema, Hypersensitivity (swelling of the area beneath the skin),Urticaria (round, red welts on the skin that itch), Anaphylactic reaction (Asevere, potentially life-threatening allergic reaction),Dizziness(lightheadedness), upper Abdominal pain, Erythema (superficial reddeningof the skin).